Wednesday, February 07, 2007

faith is enviromental for teens

One of our legendary youth workers said the phrase to me today - Faith is enviromental for many teens... i thought it was very profound and accurate that many teens find it easy to live for Jesus when they are surrounded by others with similar values, beliefs etc... but when the enviroment is changed they often adopt different values.
I guess when i think about my early faith days I was on one hand a raving fundametalist around christians, but very different around my none christian peer group.
While i have no solutions to this dilema - i don't think the Christian ghetto which is so prevalent helps at all, becuase you cannot hide from the 'world' for ever.

And happy new year to you all - i have had a long break, and feel refreshed

No comments: