Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Leadership

Last week I was on a training course on leadership, as part of that course I was asked to reflect on my views of leadership, doing stuff like this I find interesting mainly because my journey into leadership has been an odd one – I come from a very working class family – and am proud of the fact that but part of that background recognises that leadership belongs to other classes. You are born into leadership by virtue of your class. So for me to have leadership thrust upon me is not something I aspire to or am ambitious for – it's just not my 'default' wiring…

However when I became a Christian I felt the call to make disciples and that is precisely where my leadership understanding and function comes from – the call of Christ not to be a leader but to make disciples – which by its very nature entails leadership.


 

All in all it was a worthwhile course – well done Toru..

No comments: