Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pastoral Tension

Just had a very interesting conversation with a complete stranger about pastoral issues, kind of weird God type appointment I think....
The latest leadership network newsletter has just arrived in my in box, this month it's on pastoral leadership coming clean, and the desrie for post modern facing ministers to be honest and authentic. While I agree with the article it strikes me that honesty and authenticity is being protrayed as something 'new' or 'emerging'. Surely or at least theoreticaly pastoral leadership has always been about being honest and authentic, maybe we are returning to a default setting, i certainly hope we are, becuase the thought that pastroal leadership for 2000 years has been anything but Authentic frankly horrifies me.

No comments: