Thursday, November 03, 2005

Taking the p###


My health has been up and down of late, last year i was diagnosed with Diabetes, so i have to have regular check ups and stuff. Anyway I am about to have my yearly one so did all my blood an urine tests last week. Got a phone call from the doctor to day to do a 24 hour urine test. so went to the medical centre to to pick up the 'bottle's' all they had was a single 1 litre,
to which the nurse commented so do you think this will be big enough???
funny thing i have never measured how much urine i pass in one day. Anyway she sent me along to the main centre to pick up more bottles...... so now i have 2 x 2 litre bottles - Sunday will be an interesting day.......
in other news i had a chat with a friend the other day who i went through Carey Baptist College with - he reminded me that next year is our 10 year anniversary of starting there....Funny what happens in 10 years. I commented that I think i have changed a bit and was kind of glad that i did not go straight into a senior pastors job when we grdauted - WHY he asked - well i think i was an arrogant git who would have done more damage than good...

i am glad to say that i am slightly less arrogant - the whole health thing has certainly helped in that... I know God will use anything to work in us - but i never imagined what....

1 comment:

Still Looking said...

look after your self Michael. And for the record, you are a very nice arrogant git. I nejoy workign with you. you make it all so much more fun.
see you in nelson
John